Meet Laura Brito
Laura is an LCSW with 15 years experience working with couples. She has a compassionate and non-judgmental approach to therapy, and has additional trainings in sex concerns and intimacy, life changes, and non-traditional relationships.
“I aim to connect with clients and immediately put them at ease. I want couples and individuals to feel less alone, more understood, and held.
I serve clients through a sex-positive and compassion-focused lens. In our early sessions, we find ways to celebrate the relationships; the couple shares their story of how they met, what drew them to one another, and why they still choose their partner(s). I also spend time with each partner, focusing on how relationships were modeled as they were growing up, discuss what significant relationships have shaped them (including friendships and chosen family), and messaging and experiences around sex and sexuality.
Marital & Premarital
Affair & Infidelity Recovery
Family Systems & Life Changes
What her clients are saying
Education & Experience
- MSW, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- 15+ years of experience serving couples and families
Trainings, Certifications, and Continuing Education
- The Developmental Model of Couples Therapy: Differentiation, Attachment, and Brain Science (Year Long Intensive, Couples Institute), 2024
- University of Michigan Sexual Health Certificate Program (SHCP): Sex Therapy
- Sexual Health Alliance Certificate in Consensual Non-Monogamy, 2023
- Level 1 Gottman Couples Therapy: Bridging the Couple Chasm
- Level 2 Gottman Couples Therapy: Assessment, Intervention, and Co-Morbidities
- LGBTQ+ Centered Emotionally Focused Therapy Trained
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT) Sexual Attitude Reassessment Seminar (SAR) Facilitator
Fee range:$195 – $225
Out-of-network insurance reimbursable? Yes, if your plan allows
Payment accepted Cash, Check, Amex, Discover, MC, Visa, Health Savings Accounts (HSA)