Ellen Singer is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who has specialized in helping couples and families for 35+ years. She was able to personally train with Dr. Richard Schwartz in the evidence-based Internal Family Systems (IFS) therapeutic model. She’s also studied and incorporates tools from highly reputable Emotionally Focused Therapy, Gottman Therapy, and Imago Therapy. She sees all couples and specializes in high conflict, infidelity/affairs, intimacy/sexual relationships, ADHD impact, and coping with parent-related concerns. She also specializes in working with couples experiencing infertility, adult adoptees, adoptive parents, expectant/birth parents and blended-families. Ellen welcomes all LGTBQ relationships.
Meet Ellen Singer:
- M.S.W., Clinical concentration, University of Illinois
Trainings, Certifications, and Continuing Education
- The Developmental Model of Couples Therapy: Differentiation, Attachment, and Brain Science (Year Long Intensive, Couples Institute), 2020
- Internal Family Systems (IFS) and Intimacy from the Inside Out (online course), Richard Schwartz, Ph.D. and Toni Herbine-Blank
- Infidelity and Affairs: Helping Couples Heal their Broken Hearts
- The Gottman Method Approach to Better Couples Therapy
- Couples Therapy for Treating Trauma: The Gottman Method Approach
- Recovering from an Affair: A Gottman Research Based Treatment for Infidelity, Scott Wolfe, Ph.D.
- Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy, Kathryn Rheem
- Sex Therapy for the General Therapist – Marianne Brandon, Ph.D.
- The State of Affairs: Rethinking our clinical attitudes toward infidelity, Esther Perel
- Primed for Life: Psychotherapy for Marital and Family Issues of Older Adults, Barry Jacobs Psy.D.
- Training for Adoption-Competency Curriculum in Handbook of Modern Adoption: Connecting Research to Policy and Practice, with Debbie Riley, Edited by Gretchen Wrobel, Elisha Marr and Emily Felder, 2020