“I believe the emotionally intelligent husband is the next step in social evolution.”
– Dr. John Gottman, Gottman Institute (for Marriage)
Men, especially husbands, face a lot of pressure around how their role is changing in a progressing society. This is a support group designed to help men develop more expertise in relationships and love. It’s an opportunity to figure out for ourselves how to be the best husbands and fathers we can be for our families.
While it is difficult to describe exactly what happens in groups like this, the following list of group expectations will guide our interactions:
- Be fun and supportive place for men to interact
- Be a place to develop expertise in relationships and love
- Be a place to “look inside” and deepen our understanding of self
- Be a place to bond with other men who are willing to look at their own inadequacies, male arrogance and/or male role bitterness.
- Learn new skills (tools) for relating to others
- Learn better ways to love, honor, and respect a woman.
- Be a place to review the literature on social and emotional intelligence
- Be a place to bring books and articles written about men and men’s issues
- And more
Meeting Time: Temporarily suspended due to counseling requests
Meeting Place: Virtual Office
Cost: $90 Per Group Session